VISA Information

Australian Embassy in New Delhi

It’s important as a newcomer to Australia that you have all the relevant documentation up-to-date. Ensure you visit the Indian Embassy in Australia’s website to discover the documents you need on the checklist. If you are here as a tourist or on business conducting various visitor activities, then you need to lodge a Visitor visa (subclass 600). If you’re new to Australia as a tourist, that includes any recreational holidays, or trips to see family and friends.

For short stays apply for a temporary work visa (subclass 400) if you intend to be employed in Australia.

Those looking to study or conduct training for less than a three month period, apply for a Visitor visa.

For longer, more permanent stays in the country, parents of permanent residents and Australian citizens can apply for a Visitor visa.

Discover more on the maximum restrictions for stays in Australia, as well as frequently asked questions, processing times and application fees and charges.